The Longest Day
Bannockburn Community Council have organised events to commemorate the 700th anniversary of the Battle of Bannockburn. The event is on Saturday 21st June from 10am to 6pm in the Ladywell Park.
Here are details on what is offer:
- Football between under 10s and 14s from Bannockburn & Milton Amateurs, thanks must go to both teams for their assistance.
- Stage in park will have local Acts- dancers, choirs, piers and many more. Detailed pogramme to follow.
- Re-enactment from the CLANN and others, will be at the event all day have your picture taken with the CLANN.
- Stirling Council Archives – History of Bannockburn for all by local members of the Community.
- Members of the National Trust will give short guided walk with stories of days gone by.
- Stalls various groups-charities-something for everyone.
- Bannockburn Bowling Club will be open to all non members- all ages, have a go on the day!
- Fire engine – The Fire Service will be in attendance to explain what can be done by all to help make their homes safer.
- The Girl Guides and the Boys Brigade will be helping with gazebos tents to accommodate stalls – first aid, lost and found, cake tent – Splat the tattie – Beat the goalie and more.
Well done to Bannockburn Community Council, the Girl Guides, the Boys Brigade and everyone involved for organising what should be a great day.